• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What's new in PSE 2021 since PSE 15 - I saw a comparison but can't find it again?

Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 days ago I installed the free trial of PSE 2021.

Somewhere, either before, while or after installing it, I saw a dialogue box where I could tick my current PSE version - PSE 15 in my case - and read a "What's new since PSE 15" list of features of PSE 2021.

Now I want to study that but I cannot find it, can anyone tell me how to find it please?

Mike

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Hi Mike,

I think you're referring to the Home screen when it first starts up after you've installed Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021. If you don't go through the new features (depending on your previous version) there and then, the space gets filled up by the Auto Creations section. I don't know how to get it back, apart from uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop Elements 2021.

However, a much simpler way would be to go through the following web pages:

What's new in Photoshop Elements 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

I think you're referring to the Home screen when it first starts up after you've installed Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021. If you don't go through the new features (depending on your previous version) there and then, the space gets filled up by the Auto Creations section. I don't know how to get it back, apart from uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop Elements 2021.

However, a much simpler way would be to go through the following web pages:

What's new in Photoshop Elements 2018

What's new in Elements Organizer 2018

What's new in Photoshop Elements 2019

What's new in Elements Organizer 2019

What's new in Photoshop Elements 2020

What's new in Elements Organizer 2020

What's new | Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 and What's new in Photoshop Elements (2021)

That should keep you busy for a while 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, some of the best things in life just disappear . . .  🙂  🙂 . . . 

Phil, WILL IT ALLOW ME to uninstall my first free trial and, in effect, install a second one?

And, if so, will the second install have the same Home screen as the first one?

Because that may give me a better and more compact answer than wading through all the upgrade stories that you have listed? 

Many thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

I think that if you uninstall the trial and then reinstall it again the Home screen will return to its initial state. I can't be certain as it might be a setting that is stored separately away from the main application. I've had a good look around in the user-specific preferences and the registry but can't see anything there which might be associated with this setting.

If you give it a go, please post the outcome 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Phil - if I uninstall and then reinstall, and if the original HOME screen with PSE 15 / PSE 2021 comparison dialog box reappears, how can I best save it before it disappears again?

Only with screenshots, maybe? Should they work?

Also, it will be a great joy to see Creative Cloud Desktop again - no way of avoiding that, I guess?  -  but I already have the special UNINSTALLER from the first time, so I hope that that will work again, otherwise I may lose the will to live . . . 🙂

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mike,

Screenshots (via Windows built-in' Snip & Sketch app) should do the job.

And try and hang-in there with the Creative Cloud app 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines