• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When will PSE support NEF files from the Nikon Z9?

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have PSE 2020 which cannot deal with NEF files from my Z9. I did try with PSE 2022 but that didn't work either. Is there a date by when the Nikon Z9 will be supported and will I have to upgrade to PSE 2022?

TIA

John

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have PSE 2020 which cannot deal with NEF files from my Z9. I did try with PSE 2022 but that didn't work either. Is there a date by when the Nikon Z9 will be supported and will I have to upgrade to PSE 2022?

TIA

John

By @johna91201604

Adobe NEVER tells in advance when an update of ACR to accomodate new cameras will be available.

Especially for the Elements ACR version which is different from the full Photoshop/Bridge version.

So have a look at the related tech docs:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements-discussions/faq-will-photoshop-elements-work-with-...

and particularly the links to supported cameras and to compatible Adobe software versions.

So, to keep it short, if you have like me the PSE2022 version with the February update, the Z9 is supported. (menu Help > Update). It has the ACR 14.1 version while the Z9 requires the 14.0 one.

If you have the PSE2020, no native update. Two possibilities::

- use the latest Adobe DNGconverter mentioned in the faq. That free software will batch convert a whole folder of your raw files to the universal DNG raw format that your PSE2020 can open and edit. An additional batch step, but free and with the same quality.

- Use the workaround suggested by Adobe:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/camera-raw-update-not-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michel

Many thanks for your very helpful reply. I have just tried PSE 2022 with my NEF files and it works.

Regards

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  John,

I also have PSE 2020. If you follow the instructions in the link provided by Michel -

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/camera-raw-update-not-available.html

you can update the ACR in your PSE 2020. I had done this a few months ago and it works fine. I now have ACR v14.2 in my PSE 2020. 

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Walter

Thank you for this, I wish I had read it before forking out the cash for 2022!

Regards

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines