• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

where is Merge Visible in 2022?

Participant ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2022 Elements, opening the Layers sidebar no longer shows action options as it did in Elements 10 - Merge Visible in particular I used all the time. How do I do it now?

TOPICS
How to , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Merge Visible is available from a right-click context menu.   It is also available in the Layer menu or via a keyboard shortcut (Shift+Ctrl+E).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merge Visible is available from a right-click context menu.   It is also available in the Layer menu or via a keyboard shortcut (Shift+Ctrl+E).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Greg. I tried re-installing PE2022, and now I get the Layer menu I didn't get before.
It works fine now.
Many thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another shortcut key that does something similar:

Ctrl + Alt +Shift + E will merge the selected layers into a flattened layer, but leave the original layers .

Use it when you want to have a flattened layer, but wish to keep the original layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you first install Elements 2022, the Editor will open in Quick mode.  Layers are not visible in this mode - you have to be in Expert mode.  So, yes, there have been several changes made to the user interface since Elements 10.  But most of it should be familiar to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines