• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is Photomerge?

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop Elements 2020. Recently, I've been trying to do a project where you merge two images together, so I looked for Photomerge. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it anywhere, and not many posts on this forum helped me resolve this problem. I tried:

Looking under Enhance

Looking under Edit for a "Guided" Folder

Resetting my Preferences

Any insight? Or is Photomerge not available of P.E. 2020?

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

You're just two mouse clicks away ...

Photomerge.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're just two mouse clicks away ...

Photomerge.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop Elements 2020 and want to perform a photo merge to create a panorama but...  the Guided photomerge does not seem to be able to handle the job I am asking of it.  I get an error message something to the effect that Photoshop Elements could not process all the impages that I asked it to.  I am trying to merge only two images, so number of images isn't the problem.  I think it is just something about my two images (which are maps) that the artificial intelligence chokes on.  I think that I need to try Expert mode and perform a panoramic photo merge there.  I'm not finding instructions.  Can anyone help me with that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johns84464189 are the 2 maps of the same scale and simply need to be overlapped?  Or is it a more complex job than that?  It would be helpful if you showed us a screenshot of the two images.

Basically, you should:

• create a new file of the dimensions that the merged map will have
  • drag and drop the two map images into the new blank file.  This will create a file with a blank background and two layers with the maps.
  • use the Move tool or the Free Transform tool (Ctrl+T) to move (and or resize) each layer into the correct position

You can lower the opacity on one of the layers to help you move one of the maps over the other and find the correct position. 

In the following screenshots, I have created a map of the United States with two images, one of the West and one of the East.  By lowering the opacity of the top overlapping layer (West), I have moved the layer over the middle layer (East) to create a merged map:

Snap_2022.01.12_1h59m7s_003.png

Snap_2022.01.12_2h0m34s_004.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Greg!  Your suggestion to: (1) create a new file, (2) drag both map images into it, and (3) use the Move tool to align the images while in Expert mode was the guidance I needed.  It worked.

For what it's worth, when using Guided mode I was trying to stitch together two maps, both of which look very much like the one example below.  One map was to be on the left and the other stitched on its right.

johns84464189_0-1642024874089.jpeg

I think that the panorama merge function in Guided mode could not handle the fact that both maps look much alike and have no overlap.  When I tried to run the merge, I got this error message.

johns84464189_1-1642025016209.jpeg

And this result.

johns84464189_2-1642025045449.jpeg

But, again, following your instructions, I was able to achieve the desired result as shown below.

johns84464189_3-1642025255517.jpeg

There is a little visual artifact where the two images come together, but the result meets my needs.

Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@johns84464189, yes, I expect that a photomerge requires some overlap.  Generally, for landscape panoramas, I think an overlap of at least 10% is best.  Your project only requires some stitching together of two adjacent images without any overlap.  I'm glad my suggestion worked out for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines