• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the clear search tags button on PSE 2018 Organizer Grid View?

Contributor ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: Seems there is a workaround/solution that the help file did lead me to. Another way to clear the tags it says to click "All Media". However once you inadvertently set multiple tags, the "All media" button is no longer available. However clicking the Back button accomplishes the same thing. So not really a problem, but it highlights the need to have the PSE 2018 reference PDF file be available sooner rather than later

Several times now when I use the Grid view in Organizer and have the Tags panel open, I have searched for a tag.

Problem is when I search for another tag (out of approximately 300 different tags) I often get zero results. This is because I have inadvertently applied two tags in a AND configuration.

What I would like to do is to clear any other previously applied tags (they do not appear on the screen due to large number of tags) and just search for the other tag.

When I search the Adobe PSE online help files, they say simply click "clear tags" button on the Find Bar. There is no longer a find bar is PSE 2018,

The new Search interface is not what I would like to use. I find it slow when compared to the Tags panel in the Grid View. But the tags panel is now crippled.

So please bring back the "clear tags" button to the Grid view, and update the Help Files.

See the obsolete instructions here

Finding media files by keyword tags in Elements Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?