• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which folder does organizer import files to(folder)

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just purchased and learning elements 21 elements and when I import photos where are they stored at?

thanks

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you import files into the Organizer, they are not moved from their original folder location.  The Organizer is simply a catalog of the files on your computer.  The catalog database keeps track of where those files are stored.  Because of this, it is important that you only move, rename or delete your files while you are working in the Organizer.   If you do anything to your files in the OS dialog, e.g. Windows File Explorer or Mac's Finder, the Organizer will lose track of the files which can cause problems for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help. That said I think I'll make a folder such as "pictures/adobe/organizer" and place photos I plan to work with in that folder. Then knowing as  don't mess with them(LOL)!

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the help. That said I think I'll make a folder such as "pictures/adobe/organizer" and place photos I plan to work with in that folder. Then knowing as  don't mess with them(LOL)!

thanks

By @PA-WOODCHUCK

Yes, specify your custom master folder in the preferences of the organizer,

Edit >> Preferences, in the sections: Files and Scanner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines