• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Whilst I am painting with one color, it suddenly changes to blue. This happens with my Elements 10

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Elements 10,  while  I am on vacation using  my old laptop.  This as also happened when I'm at home using Elements 2020 and Photoshop 20. This happens frequently when I am painting a subject, suddenly the color changes to blue.  It does not change the color blocks. For example, I was painting a woman's auburn hair, without warning as I stroked my brush, the color turned blue.  I could not get it to change back to the auburn I was using.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Try this:

Open a blank layer above the Background layer

Change the default blending mode to "Color" for the blank layer, and paint on the blank layer.

If I were to change hair color of a subject, I would not do it the way that you have described. Instead, I would use one of the selection tools to select the crop of hair, place the selection on its own layer (CTRL+J), open a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer above the layer with the hair, then link these two layers (CTRL+G). In the dialog that co

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try this:

Open a blank layer above the Background layer

Change the default blending mode to "Color" for the blank layer, and paint on the blank layer.

If I were to change hair color of a subject, I would not do it the way that you have described. Instead, I would use one of the selection tools to select the crop of hair, place the selection on its own layer (CTRL+J), open a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer above the layer with the hair, then link these two layers (CTRL+G). In the dialog that comes up, check the "colorize" box, and work the Hue/Saturation/Lightness sliders. Give this a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines