• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does my photoshop elements look different than tutorials?

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have photoshop elements 2019 and when I am looking up tutorials it looks different that the ones shown. I always see a black screen and tool bar. There is usally a lot more options on the tools bar. Do I need to change something in settings or what?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at the horizontal menu on top. Is 'Expert' mode selected?  You are probably on 'Quick' mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tutorials you are viewing are probably for the full Photoshop CC. 

Photoshop Elements does not have all of the features of Photoshop CC which is only available by subscription.

(@MichelBParis,  the OP has posted a screenshot showing they are using Expert mode.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The tutorials you are viewing are probably for the full Photoshop CC. 

Photoshop Elements does not have all of the features of Photoshop CC which is only available by subscription.

(@MichelBParis,  the OP has posted a screenshot showing they are using Expert mode.)

By @Greg_S.

I assumed the OP showed a screenshot from the tutorials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines