• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why is this happening?

Engaged ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take the picture. The exposure is just right, the image looks beautiful in the camera,  but......When I have transferred the images on the memory card to the Photoshop Elements organizer, the exposures are several stops underexposed, Why is this happening and what to do about it?

TOPICS
How to , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

I select the option to optimize for computer screens, then under File>print>more options>Color Management>Color Handling: Printer manages colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Can you reset the white point or black point in your camera?

2. Have you calibrated your computer? Most default screen settings are too bright.

3  Open the picture in PSE Editor and make suitable adjustments. e.g. levels, brightneree/contrast, etc.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm interested in your first suggestion,  can you tell me how to do this. I am using a D7100 Nikon camera, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Books have been written to answer your question.

Are you talking about raw files or jpegs?  If you are shooting raw, the camera is processing the raw files within the camera.  When you view the raw file on a computer, it may look very different until it has been processed by a raw editor.  Viewing the images in the Organizer may also depend on what setting you have in the Edit>Color Settings screen:

Snap_2022.05.02_14h6m10s_004.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I go to Edit/Color settings in Photoshop Elements? Should I choose to optimize for computer screens? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I select the option to optimize for computer screens, then under File>print>more options>Color Management>Color Handling: Printer manages colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great, thanks for your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines