• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will Elements 12 files from old Mac open with Elements 2020 on new Mac?

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't open my archived .jpg files that I migrated from an old mac to a new one. If I buy the Elements 2020 version, will I be able to easily open those migrated files? (If not, I have no reason to purchase yet another version of Photoshop.)

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you suspect there is anything wrong with the Jpegs or your new Mac has macOS Catalina and you can't use pse 12 on it?

Are you able to open the Jpegs in Preview?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To answer your question, yes, pse 2020 shoild be able to open the same jpegs that pse 12 can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just be aware that if history repeats itself, a new Elements version should be available within one month. Your best bet is to download the 30 days free trial version of PSE2020 which will work with your jpegs. Then, wait for the new version before buying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines