• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will Elements 13 NOT Work in Mac with Mojave 10.14.6?

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had quite the runaroudn trying to get Elements 13 to work again (it worked in this computer for years). AFter trying many solutions from Adobe and others in these forums I contacted their help via email and received this:

"We would like to inform you that PSE 13 is too old and no longer available and supported Adobe and Secondly PSE 13 servers have been shut down. If you will try to install or update it further, then it will create conflict with your system. so, we can do is we provide you the Photoshop Elements 2021. So, you can able to start your work in a proper way."

My original question explained what was happening:

"I have been using Elements 13 for several years in this computer. I had reason to initialize my computer and start from scratch. ALL my software reinstalled and works fine except Elements 13.

After about 100 tries I FINALLY got it to install. Now, when I launch the program I get a window that says "Sign in Required. Signing in with an
Adobe ID is required to activate the software. Enter Adobe ID to register your product."

I click "sign in now" and log in with my Adobe ID (I had to create a new password since after several years I had no idea what my old PW was).
This takes me to the Adobe Software License Agreement, I accept.

This brings me to a window that says "Serial Number Validation. Please connect to the internet to validate your serial number"

I AM connected to the internet. Pretty fast broadband even. I can go no further.

I ALREADY had to verify and input the serial number to get the program to install in the first place (repeatedly until it finally worked).

In a help forum I was given a link to verify that my computer could reach the Adobe system. Yes. I saw the two logos that indicated I could connect to Adobe.

One helpful person gave me instructions to run some sort of Microsoft tool to fix the problem. This is a MAC. I can't get past "Serial Number Validation Please connect to the internet to validate your serial number".

Thank God my 12 year old computer in the attic still worked and had Elements 8 on it so I was able to get some work done and meet a deadline.

If it's possible, please assist in helping me get my software working again."

Yet I can find no confirmation online that PSE 13 will NOT work with Mojave.  If this is indeed the case I'm going back to using PSE 8 on my 12 year old computer which is all working just fine.  I see upgrading to PSE 2021 will require a system update to my computer which will leave me with a ton of other things that won't work and another giant PITA. And then of course I'd have to learn to run a new editing program, as weell as learning new stuff in all the programs I use daily. I don't have time for all this BS. I just want things to continue WORKING.  

So, is PSE 13 really never going to work in this computer?

Tim

TOPICS
Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know nothing about Macs, so can't really answer your OS question.  However, I do want to point out that your email correspondence may have been with a scammer.  Did you get the email address via a private message on the forum.  If so, it was nonsense from a fraudster trying to get you to buy a new version from him.  And if the email was sent within the past couple of weeks, you need to know that Elements 2022 was released on October 5, I believe.  So, if your correspondence was after that, Adobe would not be promoting an earlier version.  And if you want to check further, Adobe will only send email from an @Deleted User account. 

Now whether Elements 13 will install on your OS, I can't say.  But, I can tell you that I was able to install Elements 13 a few months ago on my Windows machine.  I also have every other version of Elements installed on my computer starting with Elements 10 to the current version.  For some reason that I have not yet figured out, I can't get the update of Elements 13 to install (but I can update all other versions).

Adobe has certainly made some changes to the license verification process, and at least on Windows, it is necessary to install the Creative Cloud application on your machine for sign-in to be completed.   It may be worth giving that a try on your Mac, if that is possible on your OS.  There is no need to make any purchase of any Creative Cloud subscription.

If you can confirm that the email was from a scam Private Message, can you please let us know the screen name of the sender of the PM so that we can get them banned from the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This makes perfect sense, and would account for the poor english in the reply I posted with my original post.  I have yet to be able to conform that Elements 13 is no longer supported, nor that it is incompatible with Mojave 10.14.6. I'm insertinv a screen shot of the message I received telling me to contact the help people directly. 

I'll bet you're right that I was scammed, but I have no intention of buying anything new if I  can at all help it.  If I DO have to move up to Elements 2021 or 2022 it will require me completely updating my OS which I know will leave many of my other daily use programs behind.  Thanks for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue with my Mac, OS 10.13.6, that you are having

1 - Install from DVD

2 - Enter Serial Number

3 - Get the "Serial Number Validation" with the same eroneous "you must connect to the internet" message

4 - Wash/Rinse/Repeat

One runaround had me installing the Creative Cloud - which I never had to do

Uninstalled everything - at least that works

I suspect PSE 13 is too old, but I'm not happy with the whole "cloud" system that everything Adobe seems to have.

Right now GIMP is meeting my initial needs, but would like a definative answer about PSE 13 and OS High Sierra

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My PSE 13 has been running perfectly on High Sierra and Sierra before that for years. Couple months ago I managed somehow to scramble the brains of my iMac so badly that things just went completely screwy and since I had everything backed up I decided to simply erase the HD and do a clean install of everything.  That worked fine except for reinstalling PSE 13. At first I couldn't even get it to install, but after repeated tries it did finally announce that installation had been successful and I was ready to enjoy. I launched the program and it wanted  me to validate and told me I wasn't connected. Poking around the internet it seems like this is a pretty common issue but there are no simple answers, near as I can tell.

I did install GIMP, but it's FAR more advanced that I'm used to so there's quite a learning curve for me. Way out of the comfort zone of my usual work flow.  Fortunately my 12 year old Mac still runs fine and has PSE 8 on it and it works fine, but it's not exactly handy to scan in my downstairs office and take a drive full of images up ot the old machine to edit them.  My film scanner is not compatible with my 12 year old computer 😞

Hopefully someone will have the answer. 

Thanks for the reply. Tim. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines