• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will Photoshop Elements 2022 Run on Macbook Pro M1?

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. The requirements state Intel 6th Generation or newer processor will work which seems to indicate it will; however, I have seen that some people had issues with the 2021version. I appreciate any definitive answers!

TOPICS
Download and install , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Yes, Photoshop Elements 2022 does not yet run natively on the M1.

However it will run with Rosetta 2 installed.

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have asked Adobe for a clearer statement to be published.  In the meantime, all I can suggest is that you try the free download and see whether it works on your machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Greg_S. 

Yes the Adobe M1 compatibility page neglects to mention many Adobe apps, including Elements.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html

Lots of room for more clarity. I thought they'd at least update it when 2022 was released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe PS Premiere Elements 2022 is still not supported natively!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like Elements 2022 is not yet compatible with M1 chip machines.  See this post from an Adobe employee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't run natively on M1 but it should still run under Rosetta 2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop Elements won't even install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trial installed on my M1 air after installing Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine too. Just bought a new M1 mac air but cannot use photoshop. The 2022 editor trial version downloaded but just does not open and here we are in March 2022 and there are no answers on the forums or anywhere else. Looks like I will have to switch to Affinity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please use the latest installer available here to install on M1 machines: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/photoshop-elements-downloads.html

Thanks,

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vipin,

You imply that Photoshop Elements will run on M1 machines. Adobe is clear that it will not:

https://helpx.adobe.com/cy_en/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html

Can you please clarify.

Thanks, Philip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it will. I just installed it today on my Mac Mini with M1 chip, and it is speedy. I previously installed PSE 2021 and it was so slow that it was unusable. Scrolling down hte display of photos was intolerable. I converted the library from PSE2021 to PSE2022 without issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit to my previous post that I am successfully using PSE2022 on a M1 Mac Mini -- PSE2022 uses Rosetta 2; it appears PSE2021 uses Rosetta (assuming v1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed fine and ran once for me today on my new MacBook Pro. Now it won't launch. Bounces for a while and then sits there. Has to be force-quit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well crap I purchased the latest Photoshop Elements for my MacBook Pro M1max and what I read seemed to indicate it would work... I also have the editor acting dead and only Force Quit seems to be the way out?  Can I get my money back if it is not compatible or should I just hold onto my serial number in the hopes they will have a fix before long?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also experience having to force quit every now and then. It seems ot matters if crstive cloud app is active and/off the organizer but I always get ot running and when it runs it runs very well therefore i did not consider not working with it. The software does things that no other app than Photoshop can do. Hope the advice helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop elements does not open at all and I have tried installing and re-installing several times. I have a mac air with m1 chip. I have rosetta too I guess as I got the message telling me to download it, which I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please use the latest installer available here to install on M1 machines: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/photoshop-elements-downloads.html

Thanks,

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Is this also a fix for the installation for Elements 2022 on M1 and OS Monterey or are  Adobe and Apple still working on the issue.?

Regards Adrian 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is actively working with Apple to resolve the issues with OS 12.0 Monterey. As we have more information, we will update the forums. Thank you for your patience.

If you have an M1 machine with macOS 11, Elements should work without any issues on M1 machine.

Regards,

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you 

I have an M1 machine with OS 12  Monterey so will have to wait for the issue to be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I downloaded the trial version of adobe photoshop elements 2022 on my new mac air with the m1 chip. It does not open despite re-stalling several times after deleting the previous versions. I had planned to upgrade to the paid version as I have photoshop elements 2018 paid version on my previous mac. There are no clear answers anywhere, whether I should just give up on elements altogether or not, and I think this is deliberate? Maybe you expect people to wait till you make a compatible version but people can't. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nitajk.  Has your issue with PSE been resolved? I'm thinking of updating my Mac with an M1 chip.  I use PSE 2022 but it seems as if PSE 2023 might work better with the M1 Chip based on comments I'm reading. Any advise? Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I don't have any experience with the 2023 version. The 2022 version wasn't
working, and it was the trial version. I did make it work finally because
of a tip I received here, on this forum. I did that by deleting everything
related to Adobe, all of creative cloud, (using their own tool). After I
resolved my issue, I found that I could not buy PSE, because lately, Adobe
has stopped allowing their customers in India to download PSE from their
site. No resellers sell it either. Finally, I managed to download it from
the Apple store. Yes, it meant that I had to forgo any discount because of
the previous versions that I had purchased directly from Adobe.
All the best.
Regards
Nita.

--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines