• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will Photoshop Elements 2022 Run on Macbook Pro M1?

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. The requirements state Intel 6th Generation or newer processor will work which seems to indicate it will; however, I have seen that some people had issues with the 2021version. I appreciate any definitive answers!

TOPICS
Download and install , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Yes, Photoshop Elements 2022 does not yet run natively on the M1.

However it will run with Rosetta 2 installed.

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It downloaded and installed but will not run on my Macbook Air M1 and will not run on my roomates Macbook M1 Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Rosetta 2 to run the program?  I know nothing about Macs, but it is my understanding that is what is required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and it still will not load.

I requested a refund and will use a 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A different App.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rosetta is NO LONGER REQUIRED with the newly-released Photoshop Elements 23

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this? My Premiere and Photoshop Elements 2022 are awful laggy. 

And Adobes Helpdesk is very unhelping in kind of returning the not ready developed SW back. (Hanging in the line since 60min and he is asking me now, if he should forward the case to the refund team..)

Sorry, not sorry - Adobe, bye bye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had read that Elements 2020 wasn't compatible with my new Mac with M1, but had forgotten that by the time the new Mac arrived.  I loaded it onto the new Mac & it seemed to work, but didn't import most of the tags or star ratings--a few--but not most.    Organizer sort of worked--but not really.  Then I recalled the M1 issue and uninstalled it from the new machine.  I'll wait until Elements have a version which will run natively on M1.  Fortunately my old Mac is still alive and available for my photo work.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm the latest version now runs on my M1 Macbook Pro running Mac OS 12.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a special link to download PS Elements for MacBook Pro running M1 and OS 12.1?  Is it still having to go through Rosetta (not on my MacBook Pro)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The same installer works on M1 machines. Please download the installer from here: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/photoshop-elements-downloads.html

Regards

Vipin 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements downloads but does not open on M1 machines which have updated to 12.3. I am already in touch with adobe help and they are trying to fix this issue, hopefully with the next update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running M1 on a Mac Mini with Monterey 12.3.1. I am thinking about purchasing the disk for Photoshop Elements 2022, I'm sure the same problem exists as if I were to download this Adobe software over the Internet correct? Be wise to just wait for an update from Adobe I guess. I do have an older Mac that runs Elements 14.1 beautifully. This is what happens in a world of digital progress. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a workaround for this.  It is called Affinity Photo, which can open PSD files and runs on Apple M1 chips natively.  The cost is about the same as Photoshop Elements.  We'll see if Adobe culls my response for violating their 'community standard' by mentioning a competitor.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yes, that's the only workaround! I am already doing that on my new mac. It will be sad to say goodbye to elements but once my affinity trial ends, I will buy it and no more elements for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workaround you haven't mentioned:  Buy a windows based PC.... problem solved- PLUS you save a ton of money!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re: PC vs Mac, not so. Windows is continually plagued with update problems. Last best system running on a PC was Win7. Getting off topic so I'll bow out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have an iMac that struggles to run Elements.  I have been considering an upgrade to an M1 machine but have now put it on hold due to the fact that Elements wont run on the M1.  Once I hear that it can I will procede with the upgrade and purchase the latest Elements software.  Are you listening Adobie?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Photoshop Elements 2022 does not yet run natively on the M1.

However it will run with Rosetta 2 installed.

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it does...now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO ROSETTA needed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best if you clarify your reply. No Rosetta needed for the new version 2023.

This discussion was originally about 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:  Photoshop Elements 2023 DOES run natively on M1 macs!!!!!! Finally!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines