• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

window for choosing icc printer profile is too narrow in elements 2024 - windows 11

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I want to choose my printer (ICC) profile, the window is very narrow and I cannot see the complete name of the profile, since the ones I need start with the same words, I don't know which is the correct profile. I tried to change my language to English for the attached printscreen, but apparently that is not possible, so I try to translate it to English the best I can.

I am in print/choose printsize/custom to get to the colormanagment. I choose colormanagemant and than colormanagement by photoshop elements and when I try to choose the colorprofile it is a gamble for me. Any tips on how to rename the ICC profiles to make it easier or how to widen the window? I have this problem wih both my epson printers,

thank youprinterprofiel in photoshop elements kleurbeheer.png

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't enable both Photoshop Elements and  the Epson printer to manage colors. I have an Epson printer as well., and my setup is for PSE to manage colors. I use PSE2024, but the procedure has not changed over recent upgrades.

1. Go to Image menu>Convert Profile. In the drop-down you can convert to RGB or to sRGB. I use the latter.

2. Go to File>print. In the print dialog click on "more options." Next click on Color Handling, and select PSE manages colors.

3. The point is not to enable both PSE & the printer managing colors. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information, but I am famililair with that. In my printerdriver the printer is set not to manage colors, I only use photoshop to manage the colors, but if you choose photoshop to manage, you can/have to chose the ICC profile that photoshop uses. My previous printer only had one ICC profile, so there was really no problem. But both my new printers have more than one ICC profile, so I want to pick the right one (they all give different results when printing), but because of the long names that don't fit in the small window, I cannot chose the right one for the task. I do sublimation and that means I sometimes have to choose the rigid profile and sometimes the textile profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggest that you contact Epson support for additional guidance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2023 Dec 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did contact customer car and it was a joke, the person I spoke to suggested "contact epson and canon and ask them to change the names of the printers, so they are not so large in the ICC profiles".  That was no help at all. The only thing I can do now is to hope the ICC names are in alphabetical order, so I can hopefully choose the right one. p.s. Renaming the ICC profiles has no effect at all, the name is embedded in the file itself an apparently that cannot be changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2023 Dec 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks to me like a bug in photoshop elements 2024.

Compare the width of the menus between photoshop 2023 and 2024.

photoshop elements 2023

Screenshot-(1155).jpg

photoshop elements 2024

Screenshot-(1154).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines