• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working on 2 computers with data on OneDrive

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fist off, I know I can only work on one computer at a time. Ok, now my data is in my OneDrive cloud location. How do I setup both computers to one data location? Thank You

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fist off, I know I can only work on one computer at a time. Ok, now my data is in my OneDrive cloud location. How do I setup both computers to one data location? Thank You

By @Loonieinaz

Elements can't access files on the "Cloud", only files stored on a disk (internal or external) on your physical computer.

So, "Cloud" solutions like OneDrive, Dropbox or Google provide the service to synchronize the files on their 'Cloud' location with a copy of those files in a dedicated folder on your computer. You have to set your OneDrive Account to 'sync" the files in the 'Cloud' to your two computers.

However, there is no easy way to share your organizer catalog between two computers, even if you place the catalog folder in the OneDrive dedicated folder. The catalog copy would keep the links to the original computer and all your files would be 'missing' or 'disconnected' seen from the other computer.

Also, don't believe that you can store your image files only in the Cloud to save space on your local drive. You have only 'synced' image files copies.

The solution to share both the files and the catalog between two computers is to store both on an external drive you plug in alternatively to each computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines