• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

xmp adobe files

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if i move all my xmp adobe files to a new folder within the same drive, will it affect the adobe elements program?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if i move all my xmp adobe files to a new folder within the same drive, will it affect the adobe elements program?

By @grammy 9

Yes.

The idea with the xmp files is that they have to be in the same folder as the raw files they describe. They are called 'sidecar' files for that reason. They are simple text files describing your edits in the raw editor module.

If you are using the organizer to manage your folders you don't have to bother with those sidecar files, they are automatically moved together with the raw file when you move them. If you move them separately from the explorer you simply lose all your edits.

The alterative to xmp sidecar files is to convert your proprietary raw files to the Adobe open DNG raw format which is a container for the converted raw data and your edits. To convert to DNG, you can use the 'Save' button in the ACR editing dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines