• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XMP JPEG

New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my Raw photos I have edited, I usually save as a JPEG file, all my JPEGS are changing themselves to XMP files and I cannot upload to my photography site or send to my clients.  How do I stop this from happening? I have never had this issue until recently.  What happened?  When saving I selected the file type as SAVE AS JPEG, but did not go into my folder as a JPEG.  Why?  Please help. 

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements does not convert your raw files to xmp files, nor do jpegs magically change their format.   The xmp files are "sidecar" text files that are associated with the raw files of the same name.  (They contain all of the information necessary to display the edits you have made to your raw files.)

If you save an edited raw file as a jpeg, you need to pay attention to the folder you are saving the file in.  Perhaps it is being saved in a different folder than the raw and xmp files.   If you want them saved in the same folder, make sure that in the Edit>Preferences>Saving Files dialog, you have that option box checked.

Snap_2022.05.02_21h30m44s_009.png

Do you have file extensions showing in Windows File Explorer?  If not, I suggest you turn that option on. Go to the View menu:

Snap_2022.05.02_21h31m42s_010.png

Do you use the Organizer?  If you save your jpegs in version sets with the original raw files, it will help you keep track of your images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for commenting!  I did look at my settings in photoshop, they are correct.  It has to be something with the new windows update? My File folder does not show that VIEW option anymore. Now I will have to google how to fix that. I would think updating my windows might have something to do with this. 

NicholeB80_0-1651582622649.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines