• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

yikes! It's me again----help!

Engaged ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done this several times before but right now I seem to have a deteriorating brain and apparently can't remember what I did before.  Here's the situation.  I bring one image up on the screen. Then I open another image. I put the second image on top of the first. Now, I lower the opacity of the top layer so I can see underneigth it because I want to erase part of the top layer and I need to see just where I want to erase. Like I said, I've done this before. When I'm done I bring the top layer back to 100% opacity and everything is fine---except tonight. Tonight I lowered the opacity and when I chose the eraser tool and clicked to start eraseing a box appears telling me the layer must first be simplified, do I want to continue. If I click cancel, I can't go any further. If I click "ok", the layer is simplified BUT THE OPACITY SLIDER GOES BACK TO 100% without actually making the image 100%. The image is opacity reduced but the slider has it at 100%.  What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
Creative , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Before moving the opacity slider, select the top layer and go to the menu and click:

Layer >> Simplify Layer

Then reduce opacity and use the eraser tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before moving the opacity slider, select the top layer and go to the menu and click:

Layer >> Simplify Layer

Then reduce opacity and use the eraser tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
A big THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines