• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Z6ii/Z7ii nef processing when?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will I be able to process raw files from Nikon Z6 ii/Z7 ii withoiut taking additional steps?

TOPICS
Feature request , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Those cameras were first supported by Camera Raw 13.1.

Try this Adobe workaround to install the latest version of Camera Raw in your version of Elements and see if you can open Raw files from those cameras without first converting to DNG.

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/photoshop-elements/kb/camera-raw-update-not-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate , Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Hi Karl,

Have you definitely completed steps 7-10 of the workaround instructions? You can't just run the installer and not move the required file to the folder where Elements can see it.

This solution definitely works on Windows 10 but you're the first Mac user I know to try it.

And it shouldn't matter that you're running Elements in trial mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those cameras were first supported by Camera Raw 13.1.

Try this Adobe workaround to install the latest version of Camera Raw in your version of Elements and see if you can open Raw files from those cameras without first converting to DNG.

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/photoshop-elements/kb/camera-raw-update-not-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, neither ACR 13.1, 13.2, 13.3 seem to update Adobe Elements..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system? Which version of Elements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS 10.14.6 Elements v 19.0

About displays attached.

The plugin installer did nothing.

I am running the trial version..

elements.organizer.about.19.0.jpg

photoshop.elememnts.2021.editor.19.0.about.png

photoshop.elememnts.2021.editor.ACR.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karl,

Have you definitely completed steps 7-10 of the workaround instructions? You can't just run the installer and not move the required file to the folder where Elements can see it.

This solution definitely works on Windows 10 but you're the first Mac user I know to try it.

And it shouldn't matter that you're running Elements in trial mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Paul, I haven't done all of the steps, will try later today.

Many thanks for that reminder.. I am afraod that I assumed that a company as big and as professional as adobe would have its installer do all this for us..

Karl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karl,

This is a workaround - a solution that Adobe has kindly documented for Photoshop Elements users to overcome the very common problem of newly-released camera purchasers having to wait until the latest Adobe Camera Raw version for Photoshop Elements has been thoroughly tested and released. When there is an official update for the Adobe Camera Raw plug-in for Photoshop Elements it is performed in the background with no user intervention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Many thanks..It works now quite well. I can finihs my comparison fo a series of trial versions of PP s/w and make a decison.

Part of the problem is that the web page showing the work around fills sveral screens and I didn't scroll donw.

I'd change the opening line to..

If you haven't been able to update the Camera Raw plug-in for Elements, follow all these steps 1-10. The Plugin will not self-install:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BTW, am running ACR 13.3 which is available..

And thanks to everyone who responded.. Please consider issue clsed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines