• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

zooming around cursor

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my earlier version of Elements when I would zoom with the scroll wheel, it would move in and out around the cursor position.  Now I've upgraded to Elements 15 and when I zoom with the scroll wheel it will only zoom in and out from the center of the image.  What am I missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please answer couple of following queries:

1. Are you facing this issue in Editor or in Organizer? If Editor, then is it with zoom tool? If Organizer, is it in Full screen View?
  2. Which was the version where you say it worked different from Elements 15?

In meanwhile, you can try resetting the application preferences, as mentioned in Preference file locations for Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements , and see if the discrepancy resolves.

Waiting for your responses to assist you further.

Thanks,

Arshla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-Yes, earlier version of Elements.  Elements 13 to be precise, while in editor in the "expert" mode.  I still have it installed on a different machine and went back to verify the behavior.  It most definitely zooms in and our around the mouse position.  Whether I'm in zoom, using the pencil, or move tool; and regardless of if the whole image is displayed or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davem18578350  wrote

-Yes, earlier version of Elements.  Elements 13 to be precise, while in editor in the "expert" mode.  I still have it installed on a different machine and went back to verify the behavior.  It most definitely zooms in and our around the mouse position.  Whether I'm in zoom, using the pencil, or move tool; and regardless of if the whole image is displayed or not.

Yes, it also works like this for me on Elements 15 like in previous versions. It only zooms around the center if the image does not fill the editing space.

Did you reset your preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting the preferences did not effect it.  If somehow it was an accident that my previous version zoomed around the cursor, I badly want that accident to happen again.  I'm really missing that trait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davem18578350  wrote

Resetting the preferences did not effect it.  If somehow it was an accident that my previous version zoomed around the cursor, I badly want that accident to happen again.  I'm really missing that trait.

Since that does not happen for me and since there is no other similar complaint on the forum, you have to help reproducing the behaviour by other users.

Which OS and OS version do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had Windows 10 for both versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davem18578350  wrote

In my earlier version of Elements when I would zoom with the scroll wheel, it would move in and out around the cursor position.  Now I've upgraded to Elements 15 and when I zoom with the scroll wheel it will only zoom in and out from the center of the image.  What am I missing?

Earlier version of Elements?

Even in my oldest installed version (PSE6), the behaviour is still the same as in version 15.

Zooming around the cursor postion only works when your display only a part of the image in the editing window. If you are displaying the whole image, the whole image is zoomed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am experiencing the same problem with PSE 2018.

The prior version I had (PSE 14) did NOT do this.  PSE 14 behaved exactly as Acrobat Pro does -- it zoomed TO the cursor location, no matter where the cursor was located in the workspace.

PSE 2018, however, zooms the worspace to its center, regardless of cursor position.  This causes the desired zoom-to point to fly off on a vector from the cursor location toward the workspace center at a rate proportional to the distance between them.

For users with vision accessibility needs (I use Windows 10's Magnifier at ~600%) this deals a major blow to productivity with PSE.  Magnification of 600% means full screen shows less than 3% of the Windows display space!

Please advise.  I am not averse to Registry surgery if that's what it takes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines