• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2 PC - 1 catalog possible?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a laptop and a PC. My photos are stored in the cloud. Can I make them both work with the same catalog?

Tx for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

wilfriedc88826221  wrote

I have a laptop and a PC. My photos are stored in the cloud. Can I make them both work with the same catalog?

Tx for your help.

Short answer: no.

Elements catalogs can only refer to files on physical drives (internal or external) in your computer.

We can suggest more practical ways to share your catalog if you describe more in details how you store your files in the cloud, the size of your library, if and how you sync your files on the cloud to your computers. By far, the best catalog sharing method is to store both the library and the catalog on an external drive you can plug alternatively to each computer. With cloud services like Dropbox, OneDrive or Google, you can sync the library on the cloud to each computer, but not the catalog. The catalog points to the synced copy of your library on your physical drives. The pointers are different for different computers.

Photoshop Elements 6/7/8 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

(solution 5 is no longe available).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines