Highlighted

2020 version loads slowly

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings

I had Elements 2011 and then upgraded to Elements 2020. Since upgrade Elements loads very slowly. It also is very slow opening the organizer and editor. Sometimes I need to click a few times before it opens. Does anyone else have this problem?

Thank you

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

2020 version loads slowly

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings

I had Elements 2011 and then upgraded to Elements 2020. Since upgrade Elements loads very slowly. It also is very slow opening the organizer and editor. Sometimes I need to click a few times before it opens. Does anyone else have this problem?

Thank you

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the new Update Photoshop Elements 2020 loads very, very slowly and shows the following text twice: 'Content and effects are built up.' ...it takes a very, very long time before I can finally use Elements 2020 to work. 😞
Prior to this last update, Elements 2020 loaded much faster and was operational much faster. In addition, all styles and all effects are missing! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using?

It may be an issue with media analysis taking place and interfering with other Elements operations both in the Organizer and Editor.  In the Organizer, try turning off all auto-analysis features in the Edit>Preferences>Media Analysis dialog and see if it helps.  If you confirm that is the source of the problem, keep the analysis turned off while you want to work on your images, and turn the analysis back on while you leave the computer running overnight or other times that you are not using it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Greg

Thank you. I turned off auto analysis and it helped a lot. 

Bela

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, helped my slug PSE turn into a hummingbird. Now if the photo downloader would not freeze after importing pix, so that it does not delete photos from camera card and unresponsive to closing so I have to use task manager... worked taking a few pix off phone (jpeg files, not RAW)...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cits4pets, if you are trying to get files off an iPhone, the problem seems to be with Apple or possibly Microsoft.  You can Google it and will find that many different programs are having problems importing files from an iPhone.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not from phone but from camera card, laptop running latest Windows 10, Firefox,... have to use task manager to shut down photo downloader.   The photo downloader only freezes when I put in the camera card and it opens automatically.  I do NOT have the probem when I am in the organizer and then download...only when the organizer is not open. TY

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to Windows>Settings>Autoplay, you can choose what your computer does when you insert a memory card.  When Elements is installed, it will set the default to open the Adobe Photo Downloader.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I installed an update to Photoshop Elements 2020 to v18.0.  Today it is very, very slow. Every change takes 70 seconds! I have turned off all the Media Analysis. After entering a task (such as changing a folder name), the progress bar goes quickly to 99%, then stays there for over a minute. I tried to adjust the cashe and scratch disk settings, but these don't appear in the Preferences menu, so I don't know where to find them. I'm using MacBook Air with iOS Catalina, Intel Core i5 processor running at 1.8GHz, and 8GB memory. How can I speed up Elements, as it's virtually unusable now!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
dodeg LATEST
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must have the slowest Mac in the world, Elements 20 just refuese to load. I have deleted and reinstalled but I could walk to the moon quicker. !!  How do I get out of this catastrophy ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines