• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A6600 ARW files into Elements 14

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I have just upgraded my NEX-7 to a shiny new A6600. The ARW files will not import into my  Elements 14 as it claims that they are incompatible - JPEGs are fine. This is not a problem with the NEX-7 files.

Elements 14 has no outstanding updates.

What can I do to access my raw photos?

TOPICS
Import and export , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Advocate , Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

To open ARW's, you'll need version 12 of the raw plug-in which wasn't available in PSE 14.  You can verify which version of the raw plugin you have currently by going to the Help menu >> About Plugin >> Camera Raw (method might vary on PSE 14).  A popular and fitting work-around would be to download the free DNG converter from Adobe.  Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

>> What can I do to access my raw photos?

What Phinny said.

Either upgrade to Elements 2020 or use the free Adobe DNG converter. You first convert all your ARW Raw files to DNG format then edit the converted DNGs (not the ARW Raw files) in Elements 14.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To open ARW's, you'll need version 12 of the raw plug-in which wasn't available in PSE 14.  You can verify which version of the raw plugin you have currently by going to the Help menu >> About Plugin >> Camera Raw (method might vary on PSE 14).  A popular and fitting work-around would be to download the free DNG converter from Adobe.  Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> What can I do to access my raw photos?

What Phinny said.

Either upgrade to Elements 2020 or use the free Adobe DNG converter. You first convert all your ARW Raw files to DNG format then edit the converted DNGs (not the ARW Raw files) in Elements 14.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback – I will go for the Elements upgrade. I do this every few years and this will be my fourth, I think, version.

Feedback from me: I had looked at your website for Photoshop and was directed to the cloud based versions implying that you had discontinued the one-off purchase version. I had been aware for some years that you had moved to a cloud based model but wrongly assumed that was for all products. I was looking around for an alternative when I discovered that Elements was still available - should have read your email more carefully perhaps.

Right outcome by a devious route. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Be aware that most forum regulars here are volunteers and end users of Adobe software, just like you.

Only those with the title "Adobe Employee" under their name are employed by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines