Exit

Abode Elements desktop wallpaper won't fill my 4:3 ratio screen

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I have a question about the Adobe Elements 2020

When I want to set photos as desktop wallpaper from the organiser in Elements, they never fill the screen, even when I change the desktop background setting to ‘fill’. Instead there are horizontal black strips at the top and bottom of the photo.

But if I open the same PSD photo file in my old Picasa photo software, and the set the photo as desktop wallpaper from that app, it will fill the screen. My computer screen is standard 4:3 ratio

I’ve looked for a setting in Elements which might affect this but I can’t find one.

I’ve also looked in the Elements ‘help’ pages, but can’t find an answer.

Hopefully someonecan advise me on this.

This issue is important as setting my desktop background with a photo each day is how I enjoy my photos throughout the year.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the aspect ration 4:3 from the camera?

Have you tried cropping the photo and saving a copy, using the dimensions of your display?

I suggest you change your screen name in your profile settings to avoid email scammers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your reply.

The aspect ratio from the camera is 3:2

My computer screen is 4:3

But on other photo software (like my old copy of Picasa), just by changing the Windows 10 desktop background style to ‘fill’, the picture will fill the screen even if the original ratio is 3:2

But not when I set the background wallpaper from Elements

I’ve tried cropping and saving the picture in Elements, but it still wont fill the screen when I set it as background wallpaper from the Elements Organiser.  I've treid saving it both as a PSD file and as a jpeg - but when I set it as wallpaper, it won't fill the screen.  but the same fiels will fill the screen when I open them from within Picasa and then set them as desktop wallpaper.

Also, how do I change my screen name?

Thanks again

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

The aspect ratio from the camera is 3:2

My computer screen is 4:3

But on other photo software (like my old copy of Picasa), just by changing the Windows 10 desktop background style to ‘fill’, the picture will fill the screen even if the original ratio is 3:2

But not when I set the background wallpaper from Elements

I’ve tried cropping the picture in Elements, but it still wont fill the screen when I set it as background wallpaper from the Elements Organiser

Also, how do I change my screen name?

Thanks again

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To change the way your screen name is displayed go to My Account and then click update profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Any otehr ides about the wallpaper issue?

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cropping as suggested does work.

You can also use the resize command and set your dimensions in pixels to 4000 x 3000. That does the same distortion of your image as Picasa.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines