Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

About Adobe Elements 12

New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Mr, Mrs,

I can't make a nice photo presentation with Adobe Elements 12. The allowed bits per picture that I can use are too small (about 3Mb) and when I increase this amount some pictures will not open after a certain time.

I notice here that the UPC of my computer often spikes over 100%. So I know that my PC is not powerful enough, but before buying a new one I wanted to know if there is a limitation in the bits per picture  to make good a presentation with Adobe Elements 12.

Thanks in advance and best regards

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does "bits per picture" mean?

What is wrong with the pictures?

What are you trying to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thank for the reply.

“Bits per picture” mean the resolution, the quality of the pictures, Normal with my camera I take pictures from 9 to 12 MB. If I can only use 3MB for a presentation the pictures are not sharp, which is very disadvantageous because the photos are then enlarged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Resolution is expressed in pixels per inch (px/in).

In Editor, Expert tab, go to Image>resize>image size and in the dialog that opens, type in the resolution that you desire. Be sure to check the box "resample image." The resolution of the picture file coming out of the camera may be 72 px/in. For printing it is desirable to have the resolution in the 240-300 px/in range.  For web work 72 px/in is ok.

If the picture is not sharp, you can try sharpening with unsharp mask or with the sharpen tool in the toolbox.

We look forward to your progress. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines