• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACR 12-Info on Calibration Drop Down

Participant ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running PSE 18 with ACR 12.0 for images from a Panasonic FZ1000.  Re ACR 18, selecting the Calibration icon, I'd like to know:

1.  When selecting the drop down to the left of "Calibration," what each of the links (Image Settings, Camera RAW Defaults, Previous Conversion, etc) do-how to use them?  I've tried several times to research this issue, but never could find anything.

2.  What, under Process, do Versions 1-5 mean?

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Here is the short explanation in the help doc you get by pressing the Help button:

Set custom camera settings

When you open a camera raw file, Photoshop Elements reads information in the file to see which model of camera created it, and then applies the appropriate camera settings to the image. If you are always making similar adjustments, you can change the default settings of your camera. You can also change settings for each model of camera you own, but not for multiple cameras of the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the short explanation in the help doc you get by pressing the Help button:

Set custom camera settings

When you open a camera raw file, Photoshop Elements reads information in the file to see which model of camera created it, and then applies the appropriate camera settings to the image. If you are always making similar adjustments, you can change the default settings of your camera. You can also change settings for each model of camera you own, but not for multiple cameras of the same model.

• To save the current settings as the default for the camera that created the image, click 

icon choose Save New Camera Raw Default.
  • To use the Photoshop Elements default settings for your camera, click 

icon choose Reset Camera Raw Default.
  • To clear the previous settings, click 

icon choose Clear Imported Settings.

Those options in the 'calibration tab' are similar to those you get in the 'basic' tab from the drop-down menu you access from the small icon on the right of the 'basic' bar.

- Image settings shows the edits applied previously to that image

- camera raw defaults shows the edits linked to the standard profile of your camera model, or the modified ones created in the 'calibration' tab.

- Previous conversion remembers the settings applied to the last edited image. It's extremely useful: you can apply the same edits as any previously edited file by opening that file sample, saving with 'Done' and then opening one or several images and choosing 'previous conversion'. That acts like a 'preset'.

For the explanation about the process, see the help from the help button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, I'm still confused...even after reading Help.  Here's my problem, I'm just not sure how to set for only one camera and then what to do if I change cameras?

1. If I used the same camera, I would assume that it would be best to check "camera raw defaults."

2. And, when changing to another camera, I would first select "Reset Camera RAW DEFAULT."  Or, do I do "Save New Camer Raw Default?"

I guess I'm still somewhat confused...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short but good.  Thanks, just what I wanted to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines