• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adding a Places tag in PSE 2018

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find that I can no longer add new places tags via the map and it appears that it is impossible to add new places tags manually. Adobe advice seems to be buy PSE 2019. Is this really true??? It must be a record for software to become unsupported and limited in use within a year of purchase. Any suggestions please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

You can use keyword tags instead of Places and recreate your hierarchy there.  BTW,  it was Google who stopped providing the map service, not Adobe.

Ashampoo_Snap_2019.02.19_10h47m32s_003_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use keyword tags instead of Places and recreate your hierarchy there.  BTW,  it was Google who stopped providing the map service, not Adobe.

Ashampoo_Snap_2019.02.19_10h47m32s_003_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg. Thank you for your reply. Yes, I think you are right but have not checked yet how many such tags will be possible or the possibilities for creating a hierarchy such as country/region/town/location. Before I saw your reply I had finally located an Adobe online help chat facility. On there I was assured that I could not do what you suggested and the only option was to purchase PSE 2019. I registered my feelings about this as PSE 2018 is still on sale and the map facility seemed to have been withdrawn in Nov 2018: surely a record for premature obsolescence? You say that Google stopped providing the service but the same service seems possible in PSE 2019 so why is it not still possible in PSE 2018? Fortunately I was phoned back later yesterday saying that I would be given a code for a free upgrade to PSE 2019. PSE is sold as a budget product not an annual subscription but I have tired of having to purchase upgrades as existing versions ceased to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rosebine247  wrote

Yes, I think you are right but have not checked yet how many such tags will be possible or the possibilities for creating a hierarchy such as country/region/town/location.

It is only possible to create 3 levels in the hierarchy, using keyword tags.  However, I think the same is true of the Maps service in 2019.  I believe the Google Maps in 2018 allowed for 4 levels.  (I only use keywords and have never really used the Maps option, so I'm not sure about this.)

You say that Google stopped providing the service but the same service seems possible in PSE 2019 so why is it not still possible in PSE 2018?

The Map service in PSE 2019 is a different one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How pathetic is Adobe's support.  Their only response is to buy more of their software.  I would have hoped that for software under 1 year old that they are supposed to be supporting there would be a better response such as a suggested workaround to add Places tags.  What a waste of money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines