• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adding frame

Engaged ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I want to add a frame to my photo, I get the frame. But, it is all ways much smaler than my picture. I know how to reposition the image within the frame but is there a way to make the frame itself larger, in other words, make the frame as large as the photo is, the whole thing? If I leave the frame small as it appears on the photo, it cuts the size of the photo all most in half.  the frame needs to fit the entire image size not just half of it. 

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

I don't know which version of PSE that you have. There have been previous reports of difficulty with the stock frames built into the software.  I shall provide you with a tutorial to make your own frames suitable for a photo of any dimension. Before we start, open the Effects palette  - it should be under Window>Effects. Once you have the panel in view, in the drop-down locate Bevels>Scalloped edge. Then in the drop-down locate Patterns>Wood..

1. Open the picture file. This will be the Backgroun

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

With the Move Tool selected you can right click on the image and click Fit Frame To Photo

ff1.jpgff2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

You can select the layer group and re-size the overall frame. I’ve just made a quick-tip YouTube video demo which I hope you and others will find helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know which version of PSE that you have. There have been previous reports of difficulty with the stock frames built into the software.  I shall provide you with a tutorial to make your own frames suitable for a photo of any dimension. Before we start, open the Effects palette  - it should be under Window>Effects. Once you have the panel in view, in the drop-down locate Bevels>Scalloped edge. Then in the drop-down locate Patterns>Wood..

1. Open the picture file. This will be the Background layer

2. Go to Select>all. You should see "marching ants" outline surrounding the picture

3. Open a blank layer above the Background layer (Layer 1)

4. With Layer 1 active, go to Edit>Stroke(outline)selection. Make stroke width 20 px (you may have to adjust this for a frame width suitable for your purpose.)  Place the stroke inside. Color does not matter.

5. Open the Effects panel and go to the wood pattern, and apply.

6. Open the Bevels>Scalloped Edge, and apply

7. On Layer 1 you should see a little f in the Layers palette. Double click on this to bring up Style settings. Use sliders to fine-tune the bevel.

8. Press CTRL+D to get rid of the marching ants.

baarn_2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, I'll see if I can do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . .  Or use the free transform tool (Ctrl+T) to resize the size of the frame by click and dragging the handles. Depending on the aspect ratios of the frame and the photo and the type of frame used, the frame graphics may become distorted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the Move Tool selected you can right click on the image and click Fit Frame To Photo

ff1.jpgff2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, I'll try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can select the layer group and re-size the overall frame. I’ve just made a quick-tip YouTube video demo which I hope you and others will find helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, I will take a look at it now. constance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you, I just watched the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines