• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe 32 bit apps

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running a Mac and Apple have announced that the next version (macOS 10.15 Catalina ) will no longer support 32 bit Apps. I have searched and found a number of  Adobe 32 bit apps asscociated with Photoshop Elements 2018 and a 2019 trial that I ran but did not take up. All of the above apart from the 2 Apple ones are asscociated with Photoshop Elements, does anyone know if they are going to be updated to 64 bit or if they are needed to continue running Photoshop Elements once I load the new version of masOS in the Autumn.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not limited to Adobe. Apple is sending out these messages for all third party developers and plug-in makers. Adobe always tests against new versions of MacOS to ensure compatibility. If you decide to upgrade your operating system ensure you purchase the latest compatible version of Photoshop Elements. Otherwise you can ignore the pop-ups and everything will continue to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but my PSE version is 2018 and that is 64 bit so should run OK, these apps are add-ons and I'm not sure if they are needed to continue using PSE 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t think those files will affect regular usage. They mainly relate to installation and the installers located in utilities, should you ever wish to uninstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is every chance a new version will be needed, but nobody knows yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, just have to wait and see, but I will not be too impressed if I have to update PSE at a cost to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you update macOS, expect to need to pay for all new apps.  It's part of the joy of Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that but this is the only one that affects me, the only 32 bit apps I have are these adobe ones in PSE, although the core app is 64 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're making a HUGE assumption that the only problem with 10.15 will be 32-bit apps. I confidently expect all sorts of other problems, because that's what happens with every Mac upgrade, and this is a biggie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats fair comment, I am just trying to get as much in order as I can and would expect adobe to get their house in order without having an extra charge if I don't want to upgrade the core app. I remember 2018 being advertised as a 64 bit app which it clearly isn't if the associated bits are still 32 bit,. Out of interest is the 2019 version FULLY 64 bit  ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Support for new systems is a key new feature, and exactly the sort of thing that you can expect to pay for with an upgrade... for some reason people want to pay for new widgets and tools, but not for new systems. Yet, that would be Adobe subsidising Apple (or Microsoft) which sounds plain wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines