• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Elements 15 incompatible with my new Intel Quartz Canyon PC running Windows 10?

Engaged ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest & greatest in that it is a:
- E-2286M 2.4GHz Xeon CPU
- 64GB RAM
- NVIDIA RTX2070 Graphics
- 1TB NVMe M.2 System Drive

- Elements is working properly on my other three lower-end computers.
1. Elements does not refresh when I make eny visual edits. (I have to resize the screen to see changes)
2. Elements does not show any typed characters or fonts until I resize the page.
3. Elements dos not always show changes if I close a layer (hitting the eyeball).
- sometime it takes 5 or 10 seconds to show changes
- othertimes I must resize the screen to hide or unhide chenges of layers that I've hidden or undhidden.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you updated the graphics card driver?

Have you tried a later version of Elements?  You can download a 30 day free trial here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg,

"Have you updated the graphics card driver?"

Being that this is a brand new PC (less than 30 days old) I have updated and re-tried updating all Drivers with my Dealer's support as well.

"Have you tried a later version of Elements?  You can download a 30 day free trial"

I am a long-time Elements power-user (since 2001) with more than three licences on six different machines.  Although I have not tried using any other version than version-15 on this new machine. If I'm not mistaken, you cannot download any free versions anymore, as Elements may have officially gone completely subscription-only as of this writing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>>>Elements may have officially gone completely subscription-only

Definitely not. Elements is still one of those rare Adobe products sold on a perpetual, pay-once-own-forever basis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TVPRICH said:

If I'm not mistaken, you cannot download any free versions anymore, as Elements may have officially gone completely subscription-only as of this writing.

You are mistaken.   I gave you a hyperlink to the download in my last post.  Perhaps your email client isn't showing it.  Here is the URL: https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/download-trial/try.html

If you are working with a high resolution monitor, that may be another reason why you are having trouble with older software.

The only other thing I can suggest is that there is a BIOS setting that is causing a bottleneck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines