Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Elements 2019 x Camera RAW 11.2.1 timeline

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recently bought Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019 encouraged by their information in Camera Raw plug-in and Adobe application compatibility page that this version was supporting "Latest Camera RAW version" (which became mandatory for me to work with the RAW images generated by Canon EOS RP).

What a sad surprise seeing Camera RAW 11.2.1 published April 2, 2019 and not being available at same time for other Adobe products... aren't they family?

As commented by product support, this is still being worked and there isn't a target date to have such update available for Elements 2019 users. For the record and for other users with similar need: transforming these photos with Adobe DNG Converter is a ready-now alternative.

Best, Edson

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2019 Apr 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is best to do a DNG batch conversion on a temporary basis. DNG is the Adobe raw format so there is no loss of quality. I use it all the time as it gives a more compact file compared with my CR2 files and no need for sidecar files.

The ACR 11.2.1 update was an extra dot release to correct a specific Lightroom bug with images in NAS storage. So it may be a while before Elements gets updated with the next regular ACR release.

Get the latest DNG Converter Mac OS  | Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't have any other reason for upgrading from Elements 2018 rather than Camera Raw compatibility with Canon EOS RP - if information provided by Adobe website was accurate I could use DNG option on previous Element version (or consider moving to Lightroom) rather than upgrading for Elements 2019: unfortunately it's bringing me nothing I really need - so far, it was a loss of money and time, I'm very disappointed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you purchased direct from Adobe, you should have a 30-day money back guarantee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I knew this before: when contacting Customer Support, they asked me to wait for an Elements 2019 update - they could not provide a target date, but it was "in progress". I bought 4/7/2019....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

edmartini67  wrote

I wish I knew this before: when contacting Customer Support, they asked me to wait for an Elements 2019 update - they could not provide a target date, but it was "in progress". I bought 4/7/2019....

If you contact customer support again and explain what happened, you may get a sympathetic response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try batch conversion in the DNG converter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried - I know it works as a mitigation - but it's an additional step that requires to have almost same amount of disk space to create DNG files from original CR3 ones. This is not the solution I was expecting from the company that owns both Elements and Camera Raw products....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I don’t know the timescale but I will see if I can get any information from the engineers. Elements has a different set of raw tools (reduced basic set) compared with the creative cloud version of Photoshop and has always been on a different release cycle. I can understand your frustration and hopefully your patience will be rewarded soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines