• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Elements 2020 dataconversion from 2019 issues

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just upgraded to Adobe Elements 2020 from Adobe Elements 2019 (Windows Store version). I confirmed conversion of my existing catalog to the new version during installation. The installation went without problems. When converted albums, photostackings and poeple tags are all missing in the converted catalog. How can I fix this?

TOPICS
Download and install , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

It looks like you are not looking at the converted catalog... What you are seeing is what is expected if you import your files into a PSE2020 catalog instead of converting.

Please confirm if you have simply allowed the catalog conversion and the result is you have recovered all your files with their tags and captions as well as your tags hierarchy, but no albums, stacks or version sets.

You might search for PSE2020 catalogs (folders containing a 'catalog.pse18db' file). If there are more than on

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you are not looking at the converted catalog... What you are seeing is what is expected if you import your files into a PSE2020 catalog instead of converting.

Please confirm if you have simply allowed the catalog conversion and the result is you have recovered all your files with their tags and captions as well as your tags hierarchy, but no albums, stacks or version sets.

You might search for PSE2020 catalogs (folders containing a 'catalog.pse18db' file). If there are more than one, check the date an size of the folders.

I would start a manual conversion from the menu 'File >>manage catalogs', button 'convert'. Tick the checkbox to show already converted catalogs to find your previous version catalog.

I don't know if the Windows Store version is different for conversion, but it's the first time I see a similar issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done some investigation of the catalog files. It seems that when I installed the PSE2020 from Windows store, I selected the conversion option from the install menu. I did not know or realize that there also existed catalogs from both the 2018 and the 2019 versions on my computer. After installation was finished, the 2020 version started to import the missing pictures. Since I have over 50 000 pictures it took some time and I did not follow the process carefully enough to realize that the installation conversion had started from the 2018 catalog and not the correct 2019 catalog… After I got your reply, I started to investigate the catalog files and I found the correct 2019 catalog and started a manual conversion from that catalog. Everything is ok now, nothing missing. Thank you, Michel.     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it working! Thanks for the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines