• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Elements Organizer creates unwanted copies

New Here ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just gotten the bundle with Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements and it also comes with Organizer, which seems like a convenient way to browse through my files.

I was happy to see that there is an option to open a file directly in an external program ("Use A Supplementary Editing Application" under editing settings), but it doesn't work the way I expected. Instead of simply opening the file in the other program, Organizer appears to first create a duplicate (with _edited-1 added to the end of the file name), and then it opens the duplicate.  The duplicate files stick around afterwards, so basically I now have a bunch of duplicate files cluttering up  my hard drive. (I don't always save the file after I open it, and if I do save the file, I don't want to name it that way.) 

Is there any way to get this to stop happening? I just want to open the file in an external program. Failing that, I would like to be able to tell the program how to name the "edited" files. Failing that, I guess I just won't be  using Organizer, which is not the biggest deal, but disappointing.

TOPICS
Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?