Adobe Elements

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, Im not a hot shot with Adobe Elements, I use the basics to change & improve Genealogy documents, I recieved a copy of it with my pc mamy years ago all details below. I just keep my pc for my Genealogy now so its still in the Windows 7 no need for upgrade toW10.

It really works great till yesterday the copy & paste from 1 Doc to another just stopped working after a frustrating few hours trying to google for help problems I decided to delete my Adobe Elements and re-install it for the legal cd, however for some reason its failing to do this and is saying I need IE 4.0 or higher to install still I cant get it to install. Can anyone help me do this please. I have the Serial Number which I have blacked out at the moment.

regards in advance

TOPICS
Installation

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thelma,

I noticed you didn't mention which version of Photoshop Elements you are trying to install, but after checking the plug-in versions you kindly supplied, I realised that you were working with the original 1.0 version of Photoshop Elements. So first off, congratulations on having kept it running for so long 🙂

As you've found out, the Photoshop Elements 1.0 installer needs a specific range of old Internet Explorer versions for it to install.

Which version of Internet Explorer do you currently have installed on your computer?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I dont have any done away with Internet Explorer years ago, I use mozilla firefox now

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need a copy of Internet Explorer installed on your machine to install Photoshop Elements 1.0.

I'm not sure if Internet Explorer 11 will satisfy the Photoshop Elements installer's requirements, but that should be the easiest version to locate and install so I would try that version first.

Again, from the system details you supplied, I can see you're running the 64-bit version of Windows 7 so try installing Internet Explorer 11 (64-bit) from Microsoft:

Download Internet Explorer 11 (64-Bit) from Official Microsoft Download Center

Then try installing Photoshop Elements again.

Edit: Thanks to @Jeff Arola 's post below, it appears you will need a copy of Internet Explorer 4 to 8. Internet Explorer 11 is too recent. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to fool photoshop elements 1.0 into thinking you have Internet Explorer 9 or earlier

installed like described here specifically by kc4 and the very last post be raymond.

https://groups.google.com/g/adobe.photoshop.elements/c/2VjAHlXDOEs

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Jeff Arola !

I suspected that we may have to go back to an earlier version of Internet Explorer than 11. So thanks for confirming my suspicions 🙂

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@thelmat16154467 The link above contains some clever "hacks" to get around the problem of the installer checking for the existence of Internet Explorer versions 4 to 8.

If you are comfortable with the instructions there, then you might be able to get it working. If not, then it might be worth trying to add Internet Explorer back onto your machine from your original Windows 7 CD.

I must admit I'm only a recent Windows user, having been a Mac user for over 20 years, so I'm not sure of the process. Maybe someone who is more familiar with Windows 7 might be able to chip in and help 🙂

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all your help everyone

Thelma

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines