• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photo Downloader is not working in PSE

Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using PSE 2021 on a Mac running Big Sur 11.0.1 and am unable to download photos from my Camera Card using  File - Get Photos and Videos - From Camera or Card Reader. 

As I only installed PSE2021 last month and Big Sur this week I'm not sure which is the culprit as I have not downloaded any photos since before installing both. 

When I choose this option absolutely nothing happens, no error messages at all. I can see the SD Card in Finder and can copt the photos from it. I usually do this by plugging the Camera card into the SD slot on my macbook. I have tried using a card reader and get the same fault.  

Can anyone help me with this

TOPICS
Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Just seen this on the Adobe support website - Thanks for your help Greg, guess I have to wait to see if Adobe fix it.

bstonehouse_0-1605951893173.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, let me say that I know nothing about Macs.

When you say nothing happens, does the APD recognize that the card is installed?  In other words, can you select the memory card device or drive from the dropdown list? 

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.11.20_12h57m00s_001_.png

Since you installed Big Sur after installing Elements, I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I tried to reinstall PSE and makes no difference.

I do not get the screen to select a device - The option is there to download from Card or Camera, it is not greyed out but when I choose it nothing at all happens. I can choose Files and Folders and this works OK.

I can see the SD card and contents on the Mac and can copy from the SD card to folder and then use Files and Folders option to import into PSE so I have a workaround but it would be easier to use the Card or Camera option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same exact issue.  Support probably spent 6 hours on my mac trying to resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did they fix it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I downloaded Big Sur a few days ago.  I downloaded elements for a trial yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that you have the APD set to Automatic Download?

Try going to Edit>Preferences>Camera or Card Reader.  In the dialog, click on the Edit button and see what choice is selected.  Try changing it to one of the Show APD Dialog (Standard or Advanced).

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.11.21_00h43m12s_011_.png

Again, I know nothing about Macs but changing the options may trigger something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Greg

I don't have all these options in my Preferences just this

bstonehouse_0-1605949203594.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just seen this on the Adobe support website - Thanks for your help Greg, guess I have to wait to see if Adobe fix it.

bstonehouse_0-1605951893173.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for pointing this out.  Yet another reason not to own a Mac.  😜

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines