• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 [How to increase size of UI fonts?]

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I transferred my license for Photoshop Elements 12 to a new computer (yes, I disconnected the license from the old computer).

Everything seems to go well and the shortcut showed up on my desktop.  When I clicked on the shortcut, photoshop comes up, but the font on the menu bar (across the top) is so small, it can't be read.

This program has worked well for me.  This program is the only one that I have installed on the new computer that isn't showing up properly.

Thanks, K

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Photoshop forum.

Which version of Windows are you using on your new computer? What is your screen resolution?

The short answer to your question is that there is no way of adjusting the font size inside Elements. You'll have to change the display resolution in the Windows operating system when using Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try to change the default system fonts in windows under personalize screen menus. It may work, as it did on some small Windows OS tablets. It always works on desktop menus, and most of the time on software menus (if they use system fonts)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cz35895897  wrote

I would try to change the default system fonts in windows under personalize screen menus. It may work, as it did on some small Windows OS tablets. It always works on desktop menus, and most of the time on software menus (if they use system fonts)

That works but ONLY for the organizer part (it was totally rebuilt for PSE11).

The interface of the editor is different (just like in Photoshop) and it did not support font scaling for the menus in high resolution displays. The partial solution was introduced in Elements 13 for HiDpi displays (4k...) You have a setting to show the fonts at 200% scaling, which is good for real 4k resolution, not for intermediate resolutions. The solution is to change the screen resolution as indicated by John Waller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I just install Adobe Elements 2018. Perfect program for my needs. But I am very disaponted. System fonts are way to small. Very hard to read for. If I using 200% scale, everything is to big. In Organizer menus dont work at all on my HD screen. Must change to lover resolution - look so sadly in 2018. I use Lenovo Yoga with 1920 x 1080. What should I do? Should I look for another software? Dont have time for this. I d like to use Adobe Elements. Must say that I am very disaponted with Adobe. They think that I ll run programs in low resolution on my Hd laptop. Maybe its time to go to Apple. Can anyone pls help me.

thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am quite sure that there will be more and more users in your situation.

Image editing is no longer a task you do in front of a big enough display on your desktop, a software calibrated one, in a controlled ambient light for optimal viewing... and for saving your eyesight in ergonomic conditions. Now people expect to use the same interface settings and menus/palettes layouts on high density, small displays (small laptops, and why not tablets or phones?)

What is not obvious for them is that the limiting factors are your mostly your eyesight (your fonts are clean and crisp... seen with a magnifying glass) and the menus and tools palettes layouts in the interface. Popular applications for desktop have generally a different interface for your tablets and phones to avoid what you now have in 200% mode in a not really 4k display. The menus are truncated...

You have paid more for a display type which has strictly no advantage over the standard definition ones for photo editing. No advantage for pixel or global viewing, only drawbacks for menus and tools in the interface. The solution is not only to scale the fonts. It's to offer a different interface, just like the desktop interface versus the phone interface of other apps.

That's the bitter problem. You paid for something you can't use as expected.

You know that people who use a lower resolution display for photo editing are perfectly happy? Always. Because for serious editing, either you are zooming in or out, from full view to 400% pixel peeping. If the interface is ok for easy and very fast reading of the menus and tools, that's ok.

Maybe reconsider your choice not to use a lower resolution for your display? 

As mentionned before, the organizer recognizes the Windows settings for the size of fonts, not the 200% factor of the editor. That's generally optimal for all other applications, with 25 or 50% bigger fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHen I go to lower resolution to help Photoshop's problems, it screws up my other applications!  It also reduces the width of the screen used on my laptop so the actual screen is smaller than the available display size!  Ridiculous!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's certainly ridiculous to expect Elements 12 to work nicely on a high resolution monitor that didn't exist when it was made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're right, it's ridiculous to expect a program to let you customize your ability to use the program. smfh. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines