Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 causes Win 10 to crash completely

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

we had in our company Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 and Windows 7 without any problems.

When we switched the first PCs to Windows 10, we installed Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 on them and after the first reboot, the computer did not boot any more. It went into automatic repair mode, which failed and we had no repairing chance. Only chance was to restage it.

So, we immediately skipped the rollout of PSE version 10 on Win 10.

We ordered instead a newer version.

We got Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 now and I installed it on several PCs.

Result is pretty the same. The computer cannot boot, tries to automatic repair itself but fails.

Different: not the first boot let the computer crash but another one. In one case, the user worked already one week then he had to reboot after an office update and its computer went into automatic repair mode as it could not start properly.

Of course, this could be the fault of the Office 365 update, so I installed  Photoshop Elements 15 on two other machines.

Both notebooks crashed after the third reboot.

I restaged them and installed PSE again.

Same result.

The computer cannot start any more. Instead it trys to repair itself, but repair fails and there is no way to get it a live.

I started the computer in safe mode and uninstalled PSE, but computer could not start. We wen to the recoverypoint before the Office update on the first computer, did not help. Resetting the PCs was as well not a good idea as then all applications were gone.

I thought, that maybe the Adobe ID causes this problem, as I did not enter one on the test machines (and the first user did not do it either). But same result, when I entered it.

I could not find anything about it in the forum, but can't imagine that we are that unique.

Operating system is Windows 10 Enterprise 1703, Bitlocker is enabled

What information are needed as well?

Photoshop Elements 15.0; installation is done via SCCM package; Photoshop Elements is working normally after installation. And as I said before, I rebooted my testmachines and worked with APE, but after the third reboot, problem occured (no update nor other program was installed in the meantime).

Any help / ideas appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

together with the Adobe Support, we found out, that the crash is caused by the Option Secure Boot within UEFI.

When I disable Secure Boot, the computer that has Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 installed works. As soon as I enable Secure Boot, the computer cannot boot any more.

Adobe is investigating this behaviour now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an update to this issue?

Upgraded my Surface Book to the SB3, and upon installation of PSE15, i get this repair loop error. I have had to reset my computer twice now, before I found out it was PSE that was causing the issue. 

PSE15 ran on my SB2 and Surface Pro machines for the last 3-4 years without problems.

I am unwilling to keep secure boot option off. 

thank you. Hope you could help with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a Surface Book 3 on Monday and installed Photoshop Elements 2018.  I had the exact same experience you described here.  I didn't figure out that it was being caused by PSE until the third try.  I started creating restore points to allow me to get back to a working machine.  So, now at least my machine works, but it's unacceptable that I have to choose between secure boot and PSE.  Have Adobe or MS made any more progress on this?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)" /><!--<br>/* Font Definitions */<br>@font-face<br> {font-family:"Cambria Math";<br> panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}<br>@font-face<br> {font-family:Calibri;<br> panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}<br>/* Style Definitions */<br>p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal<br> {margin:0in;<br> margin-bottom:.0001pt;<br> font-size:11.0pt;<br> font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}<br>a:link, span.MsoHyperlink<br> {mso-style-priority:99;<br> color:blue;<br> text-decoration:underline;}<br>.MsoChpDefault<br> {mso-style-type:export-only;}<br>@page WordSection1<br> {size:8.5in 11.0in;<br> margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}<br>div.WordSection1<br> {page:WordSection1;}<br>-->

Not that I am aware.

I broke down and got Adobe PSE 2020 instead. Had a gift card I was able to use.

It kinda sucks tbh.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines