• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019 won't start

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just loaded Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019 from Windows store to my WIN 10 OS computer. The message on the screen is"setting up environment for first launch" and the program did not start for almost 10 hours. How long should I wait for the program to finish the "setting up environment" process? Could there be a loading or compatibility  problem. Appreciate your comments. 

Regards,

Murat

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does not sound right.  But if you have a very large catalog from a prior version, the program may be in the process of converting it for use in 2019.  BTW, when did you purchase the program?  Elements 2020 has been available for the past 5 or 6 weeks. 

If the process has not completed by now, I would terminate it and relaunch it.  If the catalog conversion failed, you will be able to manually convert your old catalog through the catalog manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Greg, I purchased the program Yesterday from Microsoft Store website as a download. I've been advised by Adobe that I had to wait for 12-24 hrs for the program to be activated. I will check it again tomorrow, but I am not sure if I can activate it without a serial number. Microsoft mail me a bill  with only the order number information in it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try a system reboot and then launch the application? In case if it still does not launch- Please try to uninstall and reinstall the program.

Thanks

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks    I did all you recommended but problem still exists. I tried in my other pc again WIN 10 and this time it worked properly. I think there seems to be a conflict with another previously loaded program. Could it be Adobe Photoshop Express. I will try uninstalling and re-installing elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS Express is only installed on mobile devices; so there should be no conflict on W10. As mentioned above I would suggest going to your Windows Store purchases and try installing again. If the problem persists you could try Microsoft support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please follow the following steps and let us know if this fixes your issue:

1. Uninstall Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020.
  2. Change the default location for Microsoft Store to Bootable drive[C:\]. Location can be changed as per below article https://www.wikihow.com/Change-the-Default-Installation-Location-on-Windows-10  
  3. Install Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 again from Store and then try launching the application. Purchased applications are listed under "My Library" in Microsoft Store.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help,

In the meantime, I tried loading the software in WIN10 safe mode but unfortunately, this time, I could not get out of safe mode and had to buy a new WIN10 (because of time restrictions) and a new APE 2020. Costly but an easy way! All set now, thanks to everybody.

Murat  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines