Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I use Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020, 
on more than one computer and if so how do I transfer the catalog.
Thank you.
TOPICS
Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Yes, you can install the program on 2 computers (but you can only open the program on one computer at a time).

The best way to transfer the catalog is to do a full backup on one to an external drive, and then restore the backup to the other computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020
Hello Greg thank you for your answer, I understand very well that 
I can only use the software on one computer at a time. Can you explain to me how to do this and
where the catalog is located. Thank you very much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can install the program on 2 computers (but you can only open the program on one computer at a time).

The best way to transfer the catalog is to do a full backup on one to an external drive, and then restore the backup to the other computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Greg thank you for your answer, I understand very well that 
I can only use the software on one computer at a time. Can you explain to me how to do this and
where the catalog is located. Thank you very much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Merci beaucoup pour votre aide

Salutations,
*Réjean Descôteaux*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Greg, ignore my previous post. Do I have to do a full backup every time or can I do an incremental backup. What is the best save based on your experience.

Thank you very much for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear - is it your goal to use the same catalog on both computers?  If so, then your best solution may be to maintain all of your media (and the catalog) on an external drive.  You will then plug the external drive into whichever computer you are working on.

I am going to ping @MichelBParis who uses this procedure, and he will give you more detail for best practices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree with @Greg_S. 

About your question:

Do I have to do a full backup every time or can I do an incremental backup. What is the best save based on your experience.

In this case, you would have to do a full backup.

My experience leads me not to advise incremental backups unless you have tested the process successfully. Most of the time the restore will not work because the process is not understood. Also, you don't get the gain in speed you are expecting. The full backup is not much longer and the restore much easier. In PSE2020 you have the ability to save the catalog only, which is fast and easy. However, only the full backup is apt to transfer photo files AND catalog to a  new computer or drive, while keeping the links in the catalog updated to the new drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines