• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop Elements 5 Invalid Serial Key

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a perfectly good (purchased and licensed) version of Photoshop Elements 5 installed on a computer I am throwing away. I still have the install disc but misplaced the envelope with serial installation key. When I look on the installed version on old computer to retrieve serial number, it is giving a 20 digit serial number. I am getting an error message when trying to use this to install on new computer as the installation key has 24 digits. Adobe was unable to help with this and directed me to here. Is there anyway to retrieve the 24 digit serial number on the already installed version so I can put it on my new computer?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lost information https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/Find-serial-number-without-Adpbe-ID/td-p/7769446
- page has links to programs to find an installed serial number in Mac or Windows
- when you find your serial number(s) write them down and put in a desk drawer (and this time don't lose it)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May try this on the computer we are ditching. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you needed to keep the original number safe. Most software doesn’t show a full serial number, otherwise someone could just sit at your computer and steal the license. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we have a time machine in the basement but we dont have the serial number for that either 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you still have access to the Adobe.com account that you used to register the product, it will have the serial number listed.

Go to your account profile, click on Register a product, then click on the My Products link:

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.02.19_23h52m05s_000_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt we still do. It was a long time ago. Will look into it. Thanks! May need to amend title of thread though with "and how do I report the fradulent and misleading private messages I've been getting since I posted this?" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the name of the scammer/email address they are using here.  You can also send me a PM and I will pass the information to the Adobe Admins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reported it (should earn me a serial key, no?? 🙂 ) but it was thus:

Date: Feb 20, 2020 06:37 AM
Hi,
You can Directly send Email to our Customer Care Team at Email Address:- Adobesystems@outlook.in and they will help you via Email.
Team Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the information. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines