• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Please Provide An Email Contact As This Product Does Not Work With Windows 10!

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If any Adobe representatives read this, then please pass on this rant as I'm stuck with a product that does not work.  The lack of an email address to obtain help with this product is somewhat laughable. Why create a software product, state that it works with a particular operating system and set of computer specifications, and then leave consumers to find out that this actually not the case? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Hi Gaz,

Thanks for trying that out. As next step, please try this resolution-

To uninstall the LavasoftTcpService after uninstalling Web Companion, please:

• Start Command Prompt as an administrator by right-clicking it and selecting "Run as administrator."
  • Enter the this command to reset the network adapter: "netsh winsock reset" without the quotation marks and hit Enter.
  • Restart the computer.
  • Delete these two files: C:\WINDOWS\system32\LavasoftTcpService64.dll &  C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\LavasoftTcpServic

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Elements?

What is the exact error message and error code (if any)?

If none, what problems are you experiencing exactly?

What are your computer specs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gaz,

Really sorry that you're facing trouble working with Photoshop Elements on your Win 10 machine. Can you please give more details around what is happening? Which version of PSE and whether it is Editor or Organizer which is not working fine? Are you seeing some error or is it crashing?

Thanks

Andaleeb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Andaleeb,

Thank you for the reply, I've installed Elements 15, and I'm using a HP laptop running t just over 2ghz, 8gb ram and 64bit system. I've had a reply from someone on the forum highlighting that it could be a dll file, (LavasoftTcpService64.dll). I have tried to delete the file as administrator via the system32 folder, although it prevents me doing this as it states the file is open in 'mfefire.exe'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gaz,

Thanks for pointing that out. Here's what I found on the web about mfefire.exe-

Mfefire.exe can be stopped from running by opening the Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Del), selecting the Processes tab, right-clicking Mfefire.exe in the list, and selecting “End Process.” Mfefire.exe can then be removed by using the Windows Control Panel’s Add/Remove feature or disabling the firewall in the McAfee Anti-virus user interface. The user can then prevent the McAfee Firewall from running at startup by opening the Start Menu, opening “Run,” entering “msconfig,” and clicking OK. The user can then select the Startup tab on the next window, uncheck the checkbox for Mfefire.exe in the list, click Apply, and click OK.

Please see if you want to try this out.

Thanks

Andaleeb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andaleeb,

I've removed McAfee completely, but this time when I try and delete the LavasoftTcpService64.dll file it won't allow me to, as it states file is open in Windows Explorer. Is there a direct way of deleting this file. I have also tried scanning with Windows Malware tool, Spybot and also Malwarebites, but this does seem to remove it either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gaz,

Thanks for trying that out. As next step, please try this resolution-

To uninstall the LavasoftTcpService after uninstalling Web Companion, please:

• Start Command Prompt as an administrator by right-clicking it and selecting "Run as administrator."
  • Enter the this command to reset the network adapter: "netsh winsock reset" without the quotation marks and hit Enter.
  • Restart the computer.
  • Delete these two files: C:\WINDOWS\system32\LavasoftTcpService64.dll &  C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\LavasoftTcpService.dll

That should allow you to delete the file successfully.

Please try once and let us know if that works for you.

Thanks

Andaleeb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello again Andaleeb,

Finally it has fixed the problem, the program loads, so hopefully all is fine now. A huge thank you for all your help, and all the best for the future.

Best Regards,

Gareth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines