Highlighted

Albums lost after catalog restore - Photoshop Elements 18 on Windows OS

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else with this problem?

I restored a PSE 2018 catalog but lost all the albums. It's happend before too. Pretty standard setup

500GB SSD for OS and programs

All data user info on 😧 moved there by sysprep during windows 10 Pro clean install.

Backed up Catalog - pulled an older disk image of 😧 from a backup (this disk image was made while PSE catalog was working correctly) - Recovered catalog - Albums gone!

I foolishly thought that a backup would be . . . you know . . . a backup.

Am I doing something wrong?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the lost albums, please have a look at this conversation and let us know if it helps: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/how-to-recover-photoshop-elements-13-albums/td-p/9371199

Regards,
Sahil

TOPICS
Organizer, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Albums lost after catalog restore - Photoshop Elements 18 on Windows OS

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else with this problem?

I restored a PSE 2018 catalog but lost all the albums. It's happend before too. Pretty standard setup

500GB SSD for OS and programs

All data user info on 😧 moved there by sysprep during windows 10 Pro clean install.

Backed up Catalog - pulled an older disk image of 😧 from a backup (this disk image was made while PSE catalog was working correctly) - Recovered catalog - Albums gone!

I foolishly thought that a backup would be . . . you know . . . a backup.

Am I doing something wrong?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the lost albums, please have a look at this conversation and let us know if it helps: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/how-to-recover-photoshop-elements-13-albums/td-p/9371199

Regards,
Sahil

TOPICS
Organizer, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 30, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the lost albums, please have a look at this conversation and let us know if it helps: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/how-to-recover-photoshop-elements-13-albums/td-p/9...

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 31, 2019 0
flyguy2 LATEST
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sahil.

I think I see where I went astray.

In my original problem with losing albums I think I tried restoring the catalog manually, not by doing a full catalog backup from within Organizer, thinking that all the data was directly within the photo files themselves or at least linked from within the photos themselves. I now realize that I was wrong in that assumption. I now realize that all the Photoshop Elements data is connected together by what appears to be a fairly simple relational datadase. Move parts of the DB and stuff falls apart.

I get it now.

Thank you. Your response made me think a bit more deeply about how the data is connected.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 31, 2019 0