• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Albums vs Folders

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find the 'Help' in Photoshop Elements 2019 atrocious. I am trying to find what the difference is between Albums and Folders in this program but can find nothing after hours of searching Help pages.

TOPICS
How to , Organizer , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find Help to be very useful at times but I agree Clive, it can't compete with web search engines.  For example it would never return hits like this one which I discovered in under a minute.  I hope you find it helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A folder is the same as the storage folders on your hard drive.  In the folder view, you can see the same folder tree as you have in your OS - either Windows File Explorer or the Mac equivalent (Finder?).

An Album is an organizational tool that you can use to group media however you wish, with whatever name you wish, in what order you wish, using whatever criterion you wish.  They are similar to keyword tags, in that once you have created the album, you can drag the album label to the media or vice versa, and the media will become part of that Album.

Once you have created an Album and select it, you can change the "sort by" order to Album Order.  You can then click and drag the media in the grid to a viewing order that you desire.

For further information, look here.

Let us know if you need more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines