• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Android phone not recognised for importing photos.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I connect my Android phone and want to import photos into my PSE my phone is not recognised. How can I fix this.

TOPICS
Import and export , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Elements are you using?  Can you see the phone in Windows File Explorer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg,

Sorry for the long delay in relying. I use PSE 2020 in Windows 10 and even when I connect the phone by the usb cable/port it doesn't show the drive as connected..I have spoken to Samsung re this problem but they assure me there should be no problem. My phone is an Android. Galaxy A20e.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ernie, When you connect the USB cable, your phone is most likely defaulting to charge the battery (no data transfer), or you have a cable that is made to charge only. You need to pull down the notification bar and tap on the Android System notification a few times until you get the screen that lets you choose USB Preferences. Select File Transfer, then you will be able to use Organizer to import photos! You will need to do this each time you connect to import photos.

Screenshot_20210513-223920.png

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to Greg's questions, can you let me know your Android Phone Model?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I use PSE 2020 in Windows 10 and my phone is a Samsung Galaxy A20e.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only have an iPhone so I don't know the particulars of your Android.  All I can tell you is that when I connect my phone to the computer, my phone always asks me if I can trust the connection to my computer.  Is there perhaps a similar setting on your Android?  And if Windows Explorer does not recognize your phone, then the problem is not with Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ernie,

How are you connecting your Android phone to your PC?

I use PSE 2020 in Windows 10 with my Pixel 3 XL Android v11 phone. I CAN connect and import photos. I may be able to help, but I need to know how you're making the connection.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines