• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any way to open a file in PSE that says "could not complete because of a program error?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to open a completed scrapbook file from last week (that took me forever to finish) in PSE 15 Editor or Organizer.  The message that pops up says "Could not complete your request because of a program error."  Anyone have any idea of how to restore it or open it?  I have a mac and am also trying to open it from the cloud but that brings me the same error.  I can click on it from my desktop and enlarge it to see it, but cannot seem to figure out a way to open it without getting this message.  Please help!!??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the file format? Is it PDF or PSD? Can you download to the desktop from iCloud Drive and try opening from that location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

99Jon,

It is PSD format. I did try dragging it from iCloud Drive to my desktop and it still gives me the same error in PSE. I'm just wondering if there is a way to open it in iCloud from a week or so ago before the message started to appear or something? I even renamed it in the desktop but left it as a PSD file.  Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines