• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any workaround for Photoshop Elements 11 for Catalina ?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently using Photoshop Elements 11 - no problem in Mac Mojave ...it looks now to be impossible to use that if I updated to Catalina .... is there any possible workaround with Catalina to still use Elements 11 ... or is it best just not to update my OS .... thanks for any advice .... I really want to update ... but don't want to use my current version of Elements .... 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Apple says Catalina will not run any 32 bit applications, so as far as i know, there are no workarounds to use 32 bit software.

Best to either stay with Mojave or buy Photoshop elements 2020 or whatever it's going to called when it comes out in a few weeks or so, if you want to upgrade to Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple says Catalina will not run any 32 bit applications, so as far as i know, there are no workarounds to use 32 bit software.

Best to either stay with Mojave or buy Photoshop elements 2020 or whatever it's going to called when it comes out in a few weeks or so, if you want to upgrade to Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response Jeff ... that's why I've been reading ... was hoping to get another solution here .... oh well ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any way to report this here .... but after I posted my question I received a private message from someone here giving me an email so that Adobe support could directly answer my question .... when they responded they asked for my Adobe ID and my Adobe password so that they could proceed .... I just wanted to alet the phishing attempt so that others could be made aware ... and as I don't see any place on this page to report a member I just wanted to provide her account so that other's won't be fooled and comply with the request ....https://community.adobe.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/17123230

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reported the user, however in the future if it ever happens, you can report it on the Community Forum.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Community-Help/bd-p/community-help

Oh and thanks for reporting your experience and glad you didn't fall for the scam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm posting as well in hopes of a more palatable answer. They have released Elements 2019 but its's $99. So us long time Elements users (I have 10) need to buy a completely new program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So us long time Elements users (I have 10) need to buy a completely new program?

Yes, you'll need Elements 2020 to run it on Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Bummer. But thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same question here, hoping for (at least a discounted) upgrade from elements 11, so I can continue using elements and upgrade to catalina. but from what I read we're out of luck and just need to purchase a new version or not upgrade...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2019 Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into the same problem. Bummer! I may not have updated my software had I known. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines