Highlighted

APE 2018 vs APE 2019 Slideshows

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed W10 requiring replacing my APE9 with APE2019.  To my dismay and !@#$% chagrin, I no longer can make a slideshow setting the viewing time and transition mode. APE 2019 totally redesigned the User Interface for making a slideshow.   APE 2019 now automates viewing with their predesigned programs.  It appears APE 2018 is the last version allowing one to make their own slideshow setting viewing time, transition, etc.  Can you verify?

Is software available allowing the user to make a slideshow with *.psd photos without using a predesigned one?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

APE 2018 vs APE 2019 Slideshows

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed W10 requiring replacing my APE9 with APE2019.  To my dismay and !@#$% chagrin, I no longer can make a slideshow setting the viewing time and transition mode. APE 2019 totally redesigned the User Interface for making a slideshow.   APE 2019 now automates viewing with their predesigned programs.  It appears APE 2018 is the last version allowing one to make their own slideshow setting viewing time, transition, etc.  Can you verify?

Is software available allowing the user to make a slideshow with *.psd photos without using a predesigned one?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 06, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have only Photoshop Elements 14 through 2019 (which is version 17) on my machine.  All of these versions have theme-based automatically generated slideshows.  I forget when the last version 9-type slideshow was available.  (It's actually Elements Organizer that contains the slideshow feature.)

Have you considered using Premiere Elements?  This allows you to create a slideshow using PSD files and you can customize it to your heart's content.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 07, 2019 0
xman56 LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg,

Thanks for your response.  I am considering purchasing Premiere Elements.  Debating whether to get the APE15 or APE2019 versions.  I suspect both are the same with the newer version have updated "bells and whistles."  APE9 had a friendly User  Interface for make slide shows.  Unfortunate Adobe did not install this Custom design in newer editions of Elements.

Once again, thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2019 0