• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apple Mojave with PS Elements 14 - editing direct from Photos

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is my problem with Apple Mojave or PS Elements 14 - trying to edit directly from Photos on a MacBook Pro Retina 2014.  Message:

'An Error Occurred while preparing for External Edit.  The Operation couldn't be completed.  (PAImaging Error Domain error 1019.)'  

Anyone know how to overcome this?  

I am able to Export photo to Desktop and then open in PS Elements to edit.

TOPICS
Import and export , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you're getting an error while trying to edit from Photos in Photoshop Elements 14.

It seems that the issue is linked to the Photos app as it might need some repairing for external editing. Please checkout this discussion https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7154733 and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Akash, somehow it is again working (without having to repair anything?!) by using the Extensions tab in editing mode, rather than right clicking on the thumbnail.  I am able to open in Preview from the Thumbnail - which at least enabled me to save files from HEIC to jpeg - which is something.    Many thanks for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines