• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Application Manager for Elements 2018

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Elements 2018 since it came out.  I am now on a PC with WINDOWS PRO up to date.  For the last several months I have been making changes to the tags of files (80,000 or so) and to a small extent modifying the location within the watched folders of some files.  No issues at all.  Today when I try to boot the program I get a message saying I need to get a new application manager from adobe.com/go/applicationmamager.  I have been there and to a number of other help sitesin tghe adaobe world and gotten NO help nor guidance as to where I can find said "application maanger" and why overnight mine has crashed.  Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the program itself working?  The Application Manager deals with program updates. So, if your program was already up to date, you can ignore the message.  If this is not the case, please give us a screenshot of the error message you are receiving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements does not launch. Here is snip: Whoops, the app doesn't accept a snip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Linus, but this problem has been a major frustration for Elements users because of the changes that have been made to the Adobe Application Manager over the past few years.  The Adobe website is totally useless in finding a solution to this problem.  I would like to suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the program.  If that does not solve the problem, I will try to escalate the issue to somebody on Adobe staff who can help - unless somebody else pops into this thread with a better idea. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had to face. Were you able to resolve the issue by uninstalling and reinstalling the application? If the issue still persists, please try following the steps mentioned in this thread.

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any further queries.

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will wait for 2020 edition at this time.

Too any and all suggestions on how to take all these files/folders and bring them into Elements 2020 withoiut losing all the hundreds, maybe thousands, of user-defined  'tags'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Linus, if you install a newer version of Elements, it will almost certainly find your existing catalog and will convert it to the newer version automatically.  This will preserve all of your tags etc.   If the newer version doesn't find your 2018 catalog, you can convert it manually, using the File>Manage Catalogs>Convert dialog.  I doubt whether this will be necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines