• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are there different licensing models for Photoshop Element 2020?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a copy of Elements 2020.

The offered software was marked as 1 PC/User.

As far as I understand Photoshop Elements is 2 machines but no usage at the same time.

Tried to install my copy and I receive the messag: Maximum number of computers exceeded.

100% I only installed this software on two Mac's

So my question: Is there a official license which only works on one PC? Or did the seller sell the key twice? Whicht would be in violation of the licensing agreement.

Thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

In the meantime I found out, that these licenses are "used" licenses. What ever that means in reality.

If you scroll down 7 pages on the sellers website and then use a magnifying glass to read the fineprint you will find this information. For sure not legal.

Anyhow, after some nasty e-mails and the help of paypal I got the money back. I purchased now a "real full" license that works.

Thanks for all your input

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is only one licensing model for PSE and you already seem to understand it.  You correctly stated that one license = activation on two separate machines.  Before jumping to dark conclusions about the seller, if it were me mind you, I'd contact Adobe support and ask them to reset all your activations and then do the two installations / activations again from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds to me like the seller is scamming you.

Where did you purchase it from?

Resetting the activations is only a temporary solution if the seller has scammed you, as the user with the other installation can also get the activations reset, too, after you do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Registering PSE will help prevent serial number theft by linking it to your unique user ID and password.  It'd be wise of you to do this pronto.  A red flag would be if the S/N is found to be registered already; otherwise you'll get your activations reset and re-activating both machines won't be a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the meantime I had direct contact with Adobe.

The fact is, that this license is for 1 machine only. AND that Adobe does not provide any support for this type of licenses.

So I was sold an incomplete license. Will try to get my money back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the seller didn't have the good sense to register it then guess what?  You could do that right now and take control of both activations.  Lets see if the seller liked them apples. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The fact is, that this license is for 1 machine only. AND that Adobe does not provide any support for this type of licenses."

That is typical for bundled software that is preinstalled on a computer or comes as a bonus with a device like a printer or scanner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the meantime I found out, that these licenses are "used" licenses. What ever that means in reality.

If you scroll down 7 pages on the sellers website and then use a magnifying glass to read the fineprint you will find this information. For sure not legal.

Anyhow, after some nasty e-mails and the help of paypal I got the money back. I purchased now a "real full" license that works.

Thanks for all your input

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines